Make a Difference
From community outreach to teaching children self-worth, volunteering with HVU is the most influential thing you can do to improve the life of a child in need, and one of the most rewarding things you can do for yourself.
Objectives of the HVU Volunteer Program
1. To host volunteers in different fields such as public health, reproductive health, family health, child development, program identification, management, and evaluation and volunteers who can work with HVU to promote its programs.
2. To encourage and assist volunteers who wish to offer their skills and time for the benefits of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVCs) in Uganda as a way of activating the international community against the deplorable conditions children and orphans endure daily, especially those infected with HIV/AIDS.
3. To facilitate medical professionals and medical interns from the western world with an avenue to learn about health problems in Africa, such as tropical and infectious diseases and HIV/AIDS, as well as to learn about medical systems and infrastructure in Uganda and apply for academic medical credits in school respectively.
4. To provide a platform and an opportunity to individuals/professionals interested in social development issues to learn about the challenges faced by social transformation efforts in resource limited settings as compared to affluent societies.
5. To host highly skilled volunteer staff who can work with local HVU staff and help them improve their capacity in different areas of interest.
6. To receive volunteer tourists who want to explore Uganda (Discover the Pearl of Africa) but who can also dedicate some of their time visiting and interacting with typical Ugandan local communities and learning about HVU activities.
We believe in individuals WHO dedicate their time, energy, and resources to shape the WELL-BEING of self and others.
How to Become a Volunteer
Individuals who are interested in volunteering with HVU can do so by Filling out the form below, or email directly to: email@example.com
After receiving an email expressing interest, HVU will then send an application form to the individual. After receiving the completed application, HVU will review the application and reply back within five business days.
Volunteers for the Tour the Pearl of Africa package will not be required to fill out an application form. It is sufficient to send an email expressing interest to tour Uganda and the proposed dates. After receiving the email HUV will send back itinerary information for the tour and further discussions will be had via email to agree on the final arrangements